Philadelphia EstatePlanning Lawyer
Philadelphia Estate Planning Lawyer
Get Peace, Security, and Comfort With a Personalized Estate Plan
At Scott Counsel, P.C., our Philadelphia estate planning attorneys are devoted to helping clients find true peace and security with proper legal planning. Our law firm was founded on the principle that one-size-fits-all solutions are not effective for estate planning—you and your family deserve personalized representation. If you want more information about estate planning, we are more than happy to help. Call us at (856) 485-4585 or reach out to us directly online to schedule your fully confidential consultation with a top Philadelphia estate planning lawyer.
Why is Estate Planning So Important?
Everyone should have a comprehensive, well-designed estate plan in place. While planning for the future can be overwhelming and sometimes even uncomfortable to think about, it is an important step to ensure that the best possible legal structure is in place to protect you and your family. You will be able to rest easier knowing that you have a solid plan in place. Here are four specific reasons why every adult in Philadelphia should have an estate plan:
- Protection in the Event of Incapacity: There may come a time in the future when you will be temporarily or permanently unable to manage your affairs. An estate plan will ensure that your loved ones have the power that they need to do what is best for you.
- Control Over Your Property: If you die without an estate plan in Philadelphia, you will not have control over your property. Your entire estate will be divided up under the instructions set forth under Pennsylvania law. Estate planning allows you to retain control.
- Wealth Management and Asset Preservation: Estate planning is about managing wealth, preserving your assets, and ensuring that you can leave the most for your selected beneficiaries. A Philadelphia estate planning lawyer can help protect your assets.
- Provide Clarity and Reduce Conflict: Finally, an estate plan provides clarity and reduces the risk of serious conflict after your death. You do not want to leave your family members confused or in a dispute.
We Provide a Full Range of Estate Planning Services in Philadelphia
Our law firm provides comprehensive estate planning representation to clients. We handle the full spectrum of estate planning matters—from drafting a relatively straightforward will to setting up a specialized trust. No matter your circumstances, our Philadelphia estate planning team is here to help you put together the right structure to protect yourself, protect your family, and achieve your goals. Estate planning services we provide in Philadelphia include:
- Wills: A will is a core estate planning document. Every adult in Southeastern Pennsylvania should have a will that is customized to meet their needs. You can use a will to provide funeral and burial instruction, name an executor, name a guardian for minor children, and distribute assets. Call our Philadelphia wills attorney for help.
- Trusts: For some situations, trusts are a better way to preserve and transfer assets than a will. It is a misconception that trusts are only an estate planning tool for the very rich. Many families can benefit from trusts. To learn more, contact our Philadelphia trust planning lawyer.
- Special Needs Trusts: We have deep experience helping families set up special needs trusts (SNTs). These are unique trusts designed for the benefits of special needs individuals who are getting support through Medicaid or another government program with a financial eligibility test. Contact our Philadelphia special needs planning lawyer for help.
- Powers of Attorney (POA): A power of attorney (POA) is another core estate planning document. A POA will give your trusted loved one the authority that they need to act on your behalf if you are not in a position to do so. Our Philadelphia power of attorney lawyers can help you put this document in place.
- Health Care Directives: If you have specific wishes regarding medical care—especially end-of-life care—it is highly recommended that you set up health directives. Also known as medical directives, these estate planning documents allow you to express your wishes regarding medical treatment even if you cannot speak up.
- Guardianships: In certain circumstances, an adult guardianship or an adult conservatorship may be necessary to protect a vulnerable loved one. These options are more restrictive than a simple power of attorney. If you have any questions about adult guardianship, our Philadelphia elder law attorneys can help.
You Can Rely On the Philadelphia Estate Planning Lawyers at Scott Counsel, P.C.
Estate planning is complicated. You and your family do not have to build a plan on your own. At Scott Counsel, P.C., we help clients find peace, comfort, and security through customized estate plans. You should have an estate plan in place that provides the maximum level of protection and works to achieve your goals. Our Philadelphia estate planning attorneys can help by:
- Listening to your story, answer your questions, and explaining your options;
- Gathering the documents, records, and information you need to build an estate plan; and
- Putting a comprehensive, thorough plan together that best suits your unique needs.
The estate plan that works well for another person may not be nearly as effective in your case. Our Philadelphia estate planning attorneys are always willing to put in the time and attention to detail to ensure that you can get the personalized guidance and support that you need. We encourage you to hear what our clients say and contact us directly with any questions or concerns.
Cases We Handle
Call Our Philadelphia Estate Planning Attorneys for Immediate Help
At Scott Counsel, P.C., our Philadelphia estate planning lawyers know that it is easier to enjoy the precious moments in your life when you have a proper plan in place. If you want to learn more about your estate planning options, we are ready to get you answers that you can trust. Contact us today at (856) 485-4585 for your strictly confidential estate planning consultation. We serve people and families in Philadelphia, Southeastern Pennsylvania, and Southern New Jersey.
– When my son, who has Cystic Fibrosis and CF related diabetes, was suddenly and unexpectedly removed from his Medicaid program, we were devastated and frightened not knowing where we would get the resources to pay for his extremely high priced prescriptions. Justin was the attorney who handled our case. From the very beginning, he proved to be very thorough and experienced with navigating the process of reversing the Medicaid decision. However, it was his apparent kind, caring nature that made us feel the most at ease. Justin was successful in securing a continuation of benefits for my son, and we are extremely grateful for having his expertise during this most stressful ongoing process. Thank you, Justin!
VIRTUAL visits now available
With your health and safety as our number one priority, we are implementing new ways to help you