Cherry Hill Estate Planning Lawyers
Cherry Hill Estate Planning Lawyers
Top Cherry Hill Estate Planning Attorneys Serving People and Families Throughout South Jersey
At Scott Counsel, P.C., our Cherry Hill estate planning lawyers have the professional skills and legal experience that you and your family can count on. Our law firm is devoted to helping clients find peace, security, and protection through personalized estate planning. If you have any questions about the estate planning process, we are here as a resource. To set up a strictly private consultation with a New Jersey estate planning attorney, please call our Cherry Hill law office at (856) 485-4585 or send us a message through our website.
Why You Should Have a Comprehensive Estate Plan
Estate planning is important. It is about ensuring that you have the right structure in place to protect yourself and the people you care about most—no matter what tomorrow might bring. All adults can benefit from a professionally-prepared estate plan. Here are four notable reasons why everyone in Camden County, NJ should have a detailed estate plan:
- Protection: To start, estate planning is about protecting yourself in the event that you become temporarily or permanently incapacitated. Through powers of attorney (POA) and other estate planning documents, you can ensure that your trusted loved ones will have the authority that they need to make legal, financial, and medical decisions on your behalf.
- Control: If you pass away without a valid will or other functional estate planning documents, then you will simply lose control over what happens to your property and assets. Your estate will be settled under New Jersey’s intestacy laws. An estate plan empowers you to make your own financial arrangements.
- Asset Preservation: Not only do people who lack estate plans lose control over their property, their heirs may actually lose out on getting some of the assets. Estate planning is about wealth management and asset preservation. It is about leaving the maximum benefit for the people you care about most.
- Limit Conflict: Finally, an estate plan should provide some real clarity for what will happen when you pass away. No one wants to leave their family members confused—or even worse, in a fight. You can limit conflict and help your loved ones grieve by providing clear instructions within a legally valid estate plan.
Our Firm Handles All Types of Estate Planning Matters in Cherry Hill
Scott Counsel, P.C. is an elder law and estate planning law firm that provides comprehensive, personalized legal services to people and families in South Jersey and Southeastern Pennsylvania. No matter the estate planning issue you are dealing with, our legal team is here to help you find the solution that actually works. A non-exhaustive list of estate planning matters that we can help you with in Cherry Hill includes:
- Wills: An estate plan starts with a last will & testament. Through your will, you can express your final wishes, provide funeral & burial instructions, and name heirs. Our Cherry Hill estate planning lawyers help clients draft and revise personalized wills.
- Trusts: Trusts are estate planning tools that can be used to transfer property and assets to beneficiaries. Depending on your circumstances, setting up a trust may be the most financially-savvy option for you and your family. Contact our Cherry Hill trust planning lawyer to get more information.
- Special Needs Trusts: Our Cherry Hill special needs planning attorneys help families set up special needs trusts (SNTs) for the benefit of their most vulnerable loved ones. These trusts are used to provide money/assets to a special needs individual without undermining their eligibility for Medicaid or other means-tested public benefits.
- Powers of Attorney (POA): A power of attorney document is the component of most estate plans in New Jersey. By setting up a POA, you can give a spouse, parent, adult child, or other trusted loved one the ability to act on your behalf in the event that you cannot express your own wishes. It is important to be prepared for the future.
- Advance Medical Directives: Also sometimes referred to simply as a ‘living will’, an advance medical directive is an estate planning document that expressly states a person’s wishes regarding health care. The document will be referred to if a person is not able to express their own wishes due to an accident or serious medical complications.
- Adult Guardianships: If an older adult is unable to manage their own affairs, a guardian may need to be appointed. These are highly sensitive cases. If you have any questions about adult guardianships in New Jersey, our Cherry Hill elder law attorney can help.
How the Cherry Hill Estate Planning Lawyers at Scott Counsel, P.C. Can Help
Estate planning can be confusing, intimidating, and even all-around overwhelming. You do not have to go through the process alone. At Scott Counsel, P.C., we help families plan for the future—so that they have the maximum level of protection. When you call our Cherry Hill law office, you will be able to work with a New Jersey estate planning lawyer who can:
- Listen to your story and answer your questions;
- Identify the estate planning documents that you need; and
- Help you put a comprehensive plan in place that best protects you and your family.
Estate planning is not about one-size-fits-all solutions. It is about empowering you to take control of your life so that you can do what is best for yourself and the people you care about. With a history of testimonials from former clients, South Jersey families rely on our Cherry Hill estate planning attorneys for personalized legal guidance and support.
Cases We Handle
Call Our Cherry Hill Estate Planning Lawyers for Immediate Help
At Scott Counsel, P.C., our Cherry Hill estate planning attorneys are experienced, trustworthy advocates for our clients. We can answer your most pressing estate planning questions. Contact us at (856) 485-4585 to set up your confidential appointment with an estate planning lawyer. We represent people and families in Cherry Hill and throughout the surrounding region in Camden County, including in Camden, Gloucester Township, Winslow Township, and Pennsauken Township.
– When my son, who has Cystic Fibrosis and CF related diabetes, was suddenly and unexpectedly removed from his Medicaid program, we were devastated and frightened not knowing where we would get the resources to pay for his extremely high priced prescriptions. Justin was the attorney who handled our case. From the very beginning, he proved to be very thorough and experienced with navigating the process of reversing the Medicaid decision. However, it was his apparent kind, caring nature that made us feel the most at ease. Justin was successful in securing a continuation of benefits for my son, and we are extremely grateful for having his expertise during this most stressful ongoing process. Thank you, Justin!
VIRTUAL visits now available
With your health and safety as our number one priority, we are implementing new ways to help you