Cherry Hill Elder Law Attorney
Cherry Hill Elder Law Attorney
Compassionate Elder Law Lawyers Serving Families in Cherry Hill and Throughout South Jersey
At Scott Counsel, P.C., our Cherry Hill elder law attorneys are compassionate, experienced advocates for senior citizens and their loved ones. We provide comprehensive, solutions-focused elder law representation across South Jersey. If you have any questions about elder law, our legal team is here as a resource. For a strictly confidential, no obligation consultation with a top-rated New Jersey elder lawyer, please call us at (856) 281-3131 or get in touch with us directly through our website.
What is Elder Law and Why is it Important?
According to the Census Bureau reports, there are more than 50 million senior citizens in the United States. With an increase in life expectancy and the retirement of most members of the ‘Baby Boomer’ generation, that number is expected to hit 80 million by 2040. Even with our country’s growing population of seniors, older Americans still remain underserved in many key areas. Seniors and other older adults have unique needs—including when it comes to law.
Elder law is a broad term that is used to describe the specialized area of legal practice that is focused on handling the needs of seniors. Elder law involves everything from long-term financial planning—including by younger people who are preparing for the future—to the immediate needs of senior citizens who may require access to nursing home care, long-term medical assistance, or other ongoing support.
An Overview of Elder Law Services We Provide in Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Scott Counsel, P.C. is an elder law firm devoted to providing personalized, top-quality legal representation to seniors and their families in South Jersey and Southeastern Pennsylvania. With a primary law office in Cherry Hill, we offer a full range of elder law services. Among other matters, our Cherry Hill elder law attorneys are prepared to assist you and your loved ones with:
- Estate Planning: Estate planning can be overwhelming. It can be difficult to think about the future—especially when it comes to preparing for what will happen after you are gone. At the same time, every adult in New Jersey should have an effective estate plan in place. You need to protect yourself and your family. At Scott Counsel, P.C., our elder lawyers help clients with all types of estate planning matters, including wills, trusts, and power of attorney documents. To learn more about your rights or options, contact our Cherry Hill estate planning attorneys for help.
- Business Succession Planning: For business owners, aging brings additional challenges. It is crucial that you have the proper structure in place to ensure the future viability of your company—whether you are keeping it in the family, transferring it to your partner, or selling it. A business succession plan is a must. Our lead New Jersey elder law attorney Justin L. Scott has deep experience with business succession planning. If you have any specific questions or concerns about business succession planning, contact our Cherry Hill estate planning lawyers for help.
- Medicaid Planning (Long-Term Care Planning): The cost of long-term care in the United States is far higher than many people realize. The average cost of a private room in a nursing home in New Jersey now exceeds $11,000 per month. Is your family prepared for the possibility of future nursing home or long-term medical care needs? With proper Medicaid/long-term care planning, you can take action to best protect your assets from long-term care costs. There are options available—but you need to be proactive. To get help with Medicaid planning, reach out to our Cherry Hill elder law attorneys today.
- Adult Guardianships: There may come a day when a senior citizen is no longer able to take care of their own financial and legal affairs. An adult guardianship may be necessary. When in place, the guardian becomes legally responsible for protecting the best interests of the ward. These are complicated, highly sensitive matters. If you have any questions about guardianship, our Cherry Hill elder lawyers are ready to help.
- Probate and Estate Administration: Probate is complicated. Our law firm provides comprehensive probate and estate administration services. In planning ahead, we can help you and your family avoid the probate process to the maximum extent advisable under New Jersey law. If you are getting ready to go through the probate process, we are here to help you navigate the system. Contact our Cherry Hill probate and estate administration lawyers for legal guidance and support.
Families Rely On Scott Counsel, P.C. for Elder Law Representation
Elder law issues should be handled with the highest level of care, compassion, and sensitivity. At Scott Counsel, P.C., we provide well-rounded elder law representation to people and families throughout South Jersey. No matter the specific circumstances that your family is dealing with, our team is here to help you find the best path forward. Our Cherry Hill elder law attorneys will:
- Hear your story, answer questions, and explain your legal options;
- Gather all of the records and information you need to move forward; and
- Take whatever legal action is needed to get you or your family the best outcome.
Senior citizens and other older adults have unique legal needs. A one-size-fits-all approach is not sufficient in elder law. We go above and beyond to ensure that our clients and their family members are protected. With a record of testimonials from former clients, you can rely on our Cherry Hill elder law attorneys for fully personalized legal representation.
Contact Our Cherry Hill Elder Lawyers for Immediate Guidance and Support
At Scott Counsel, P.C., our Cherry Hill elder law attorneys are standing by, ready to help you and your family find the best path forward. We can get you answers to your most important elder law questions. Contact us at (856) 281-3131 to set up a confidential initial appointment with an experienced elder law attorney. With a main office in Cherry Hill, we are well-positioned to provide elder law representation throughout South Jersey and Southeastern Pennsylvania.
– When my son, who has Cystic Fibrosis and CF related diabetes, was suddenly and unexpectedly removed from his Medicaid program, we were devastated and frightened not knowing where we would get the resources to pay for his extremely high priced prescriptions. Justin was the attorney who handled our case. From the very beginning, he proved to be very thorough and experienced with navigating the process of reversing the Medicaid decision. However, it was his apparent kind, caring nature that made us feel the most at ease. Justin was successful in securing a continuation of benefits for my son, and we are extremely grateful for having his expertise during this most stressful ongoing process. Thank you, Justin!
VIRTUAL visits now available
With your health and safety as our number one priority, we are implementing new ways to help you