We Are NJ Elder Law Attorneys
Providing Legal Counseling For Long Term Care,
Support Services & Legal Arrangements
Scott Counsel was founded with a mission to help families address the issues in aging.
Our approach is centered around individual needs as opposed to a “one-size fits all” service. Clients choose us because they know they can approach us and get answers when they need them most. When you hire our firm, you enlist a team of professionals dedicated to delivering a boutique-like experience.
- Long-Term Care Planning
- Medicaid Planning
- Preservation of Assets
- Passing your property to your heirs
- Life Resource Planning *
- Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Estate Planning
What is Life Resource Planning?
* The Life Resource Planning Philosophy consists of helping aging seniors and their families prepare for their later years by planning for long term care, accessing government benefits, finding sources of funding, setting aside money for death benefits, preserving assets, and preparing for the possibility of Medicaid.
How Can an Elder Care Attorney Help?
When you are dealing with an aging loved one, many issues can present. Whether it’s a serious health event or a need for estate planning, our team can help you organize the person’s affairs and restore order for your family. In addition to the legal and financial help, Scott Counsel’s Director of Care Coordination, Dr. May Thomas is a retired geriatric physician with more than 30 years experience. Together, our firm combines the legal, financial, and clinical expertise needed to educate the family on how to address the issues in aging.
Family decisions relating to long-term care
- Identifying a family representative and caregiver
- Preparing for a long-term care plan
- The need for other private support services
- Family support for long-term care in the home
- Paying a member of the family to provide care in the home
- Finding and moving to a long-term care facility
- Downsizing and moving
Legal arrangements and decisions relating to end-of-life
Family decisions related to preservation of assets & the need for Medicaid
We Help you Make Informed Decisions