Cherry Hill Veterans Benefits Lawyer
Cherry Hill Veterans Benefits Lawyer
Get Help From a Veterans Benefits Attorney in Cherry Hill
At Scott Counsel, P.C., our Cherry Hill veterans benefits lawyers are proud to provide trustworthy legal representation to military veterans and their family members. The VA benefits claims process is complicated: Professional guidance and support is available. You and your loved ones should be able to access the full and fair benefits that are due to you under the law. If you have any specific questions about VA benefits, we can help. Get in touch with us at (856) 281-3131 or reach out to us directly online to schedule your confidential consultation with a New Jersey VA benefits attorney.
What Veterans Benefits are Available in New Jersey?
The members of all branches of the United States armed forces have made significant sacrifices to keep our country safe. Their family members make major sacrifices as well. VA benefits are a small, but critically important way that we help repay veterans for their service. Unfortunately, in far too many cases, it feels likely military veterans have been forgotten or ignored. At Scott Counsel, P.C., our New Jersey veterans’ benefits lawyers are devoted to helping clients secure all of the benefits that they have rightfully earned. Among other things, veterans benefits include:
- VA Disability Benefits: Are you a military veteran in South Jersey who is living with a service-connected disability or impairment? If so, you may be entitled to receive ongoing financial compensation and support in the form of VA disability benefits. Depending on your specific circumstances, VA disability compensation could be between a few hundred dollars to more than $3,000 per month. To qualify for VA disability benefits, you must establish that you have a qualifying service-related disability that is sufficiently severe to adversely affect your life. You also cannot have been dishonorably discharged from the United States armed forces—otherwise you may be deemed ineligible for benefits. If you have any specific questions or concerns about VA disability benefits in New Jersey, contact our Cherry Hill veterans benefits lawyers for help.
- VA Pension Benefits: Pension benefits are another part of the compensation package provided to military members. A veterans pension is a need-based payment made to former military members who qualify based on their service record and age or disability status. Once again, you cannot have been dishonorably discharged from your branch of the armed forces. If you are disabled or if you are at least 65 years of age, you may be eligible for a VA pension. As the veterans pension system is based partially on financial eligibility, you will not be able to start drawing on these pension benefits unless your family’s current income is low enough. A VA pension is for retirement. For more information about VA pension benefits, please do not hesitate to contact our Cherry Hill veterans law attorneys.
- VA Aid and Attendance Pension Benefits: Some disabled military veterans in New Jersey can qualify for additional pension benefits in the form of a VA aid and attendance pension. A non-taxable financial benefit, you will sometimes hear an aid and attendance pension referred to simply as an “improved pension” or a “VA assisted living benefit.” In effect, this type of financial benefit is designed to support American military veterans who require assistance with the day-to-day activities of life—either from a spouse, other family member, or trained health care professional. In general, VA aid and attendance benefits are used to help cover the additional costs that older or otherwise disabled veterans incur as a consequence of their medical condition. If you have any questions about VA aid and attendance pension benefits, our Cherry Hill lawyers are available to help.
- VA Survivor Benefits: Was your spouse a military veteran who died in the line of active duty or from a service-connected injury, illness, or medical impairment? VA survivor benefits exist to help provide financial support. You and your family made an enormous personal sacrifice. It is crucial that you are able to access the maximum available economic support. Children of a military member killed in the line of duty or duty to a service-related disability may also be eligible for survivor benefits. If you are a family member who is preparing to make a claim for VA survivor benefits in South Jersey, our Cherry Hill veterans benefits lawyers can help.
How the Cherry Hill VA Benefit Attorneys at Scott Counsel Can Help
The VA benefits claims process is notoriously complex. At Scott Counsel, P.C., we are dedicated to helping people and families get through this process—with a focus on making sure that our clients are able to get the full benefits they deserve. It is normal to be frustrated and confused by the application process. You are not alone. Our Cherry Hill VA benefit lawyers are prepared to:
- Answer any questions that you have during a comprehensive consultation;
- Gather the documents and records that you need to support a claim;
- Prepare a compelling, evidence-backed appeal to challenge a denial; and
- Take whatever legal action is required to help you maximize your VA benefits.
Military veterans and their families have done so much to support our country. We believe that they deserve attentive, personalized legal representation. With a history of testimonials from clients, you and your family can rely on our Cherry Hill veterans benefit attorneys for top quality guidance.
Consult With Our Cherry Hill Veteran Benefit Lawyers for Immediate Help
At Scott Counsel, P.C., our New Jersey estate planning attorneys have the skills and experience to handle the unique issues facing military veterans and their families. If you have questions about VA benefit claims, we are here to help. Call us at (856) 281-3131 or contact us through our website for a confidential, no obligation case review. We are proud to provide personalized legal representation to veterans and their families in Cherry Hill and throughout South Jersey, including in Camden County, Gloucester County, Burlington County, Atlantic County, and Salem County.
– When my son, who has Cystic Fibrosis and CF related diabetes, was suddenly and unexpectedly removed from his Medicaid program, we were devastated and frightened not knowing where we would get the resources to pay for his extremely high priced prescriptions. Justin was the attorney who handled our case. From the very beginning, he proved to be very thorough and experienced with navigating the process of reversing the Medicaid decision. However, it was his apparent kind, caring nature that made us feel the most at ease. Justin was successful in securing a continuation of benefits for my son, and we are extremely grateful for having his expertise during this most stressful ongoing process. Thank you, Justin!
VIRTUAL visits now available
With your health and safety as our number one priority, we are implementing new ways to help you